Phone: (205) 324-3600
Toll Free: (844) 529-8255
Fax: (205) 324-3636
2201 Morris Ave
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Craig was born and raised in Dothan, Alabama. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Finance from Auburn University, where he was a member of Auburn's baseball team. After graduating from Auburn, Craig began his legal education at Cumberland School of Law in the fall of 2016. While at Cumberland, Craig was a member of the Cumberland National Trial Team, as well as a member of the Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board. As a member of the National Trial Team, Craig was an advocate on Cumberland's team that won the 2017 National Civil Trial Competition in Los Angeles, CA. Craig was also twice selected to represent Cumberland in the Top Gun National Mock Trial competition hosted by Baylor University, finishing as runner-up at the 2019 Top Gun competition. In addition to Cumberland's National Trial Team, Craig was also a member of the Cumberland Law Review, which published his article, "Alabama's Wrongful Death Act and the Unborn Plaintiff," in 2019.
Prior to joining Hollis Wright in 2021, Craig spent a number of years working in insurance defense litigation. Since joining Hollis Wright, Craig has committed his legal practice to representing injured victims throughout the State of Alabama. Craig practices in the areas of automobile and trucking accidents, premises liability, product liability, medical malpractice, and industrial accidents.
In addition to his legal practice, Craig continues to help coach Cumberland's nationally-ranked Trial Team. Craig is married to his wife Alex Shirley of Mobile, Alabama, and together they have one daughter and a Golden Retriever, Miller.Publications
- Craig A. Shirley, "Alabama's Wrongful Death Act and The Unborn Plaintiff," 49 Cumb. L. Rev. 195, 195-223, 2019.
- Alabama Bar Association, 2019-present
- Alabama Association for Justice, 2021-present
- Birmingham Bar Association, 2019-present
J.D., Cumberland School of Law, 2019
- National Trial Team
- Won 2017 National Civil Trial Competition in Los Angeles, CA
- Won 2018 National Trial Competition Regionals
- Twice selected to represent Cumberland in the Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition hosted by Baylor University - finished as runner-up in the 2019 Top Gun competition.
- Trial Advocacy Board
- Cumberland Law Review
- Associate Editor
- Published article in 2019: "Alabama's Wrongful Death Act and The Unborn Plaintiff"
Coach of Cumberland's nationally-ranked Trial Team
B.S. in Finance, Auburn University